Make a website in 5 easy steps with the help of top quality services:
- Register a good and short domain name. You can do that at a bottom price on https://linux-hosts-inc.com/domain-registration Unlike many other domain providers, this company gives customers 100% control over their domains. Having full control as domain name owner is very important.
- Get a FREE TRIAL web hosting. Visit https://linux-hosts-inc.com/hosting to get your 30 day free trial. The company has the industry’s LOWEST customer cancellation rate. So you get guaranteed TOP quality services in terms of infrastructure etc. Moreover, experienced engineers are standing by 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you with anything regarding your web hosting account.
- Install WordPress.org (NOT .com!) in your domain name from your web hosting account by clicking 1 button. Takes only a few seconds!
- Write (or copy and paste) your first post in your WordPress installation.
- Click the Publish button. Your website is ready!
How to make a website quick and easy
As an entrepreneur in 2021, you can hardly do without a website anymore. Online entrepreneurs achieve more turnover than their offline colleagues. But … how do you make a website? We explain it in seven steps.
Table of Contents.
Determine the domain name.
Choose a domain name that is easy to remember, so that your target group can easily find the website. You can choose a paid name that ends in .com, .org or .net or a free domain name such as .tk. The disadvantage of this is that you get advertising on your website. There are many websites online where you can register your domain name. The easiest way is to do this is with the same party where you host your website (see step 5).
To be able to publish something on the internet, you need a content management system (cms). You store your texts and images on a server or hosted environment and from there your pages are made visible on the web and linked to your internet address. You can first create plain texts in a cms. In addition, you can choose various extra applications (both via standard cms and open source systems). For example, you can add a photo gallery, add a guest login screen, or give guests the option to search within your site. Think about what kind of applications are useful for your site and install them.
Do you want to keep it simple? You can start a weblog, via WordPress.com (NOT .org) or Blogger. Free and easy. The disadvantage of a weblog is that you are limited in layout and design.
A standard cms, for example via Google sites or Contentful. You then pay for a license. The advantage is that you get professional support, warranty and quality guarantee.
Don’t want to pay a license? You can also opt for an open source system. Then the source code of the software is released. An example of this are WordPress.org and Joomla, freely available web building packages that come with your web hosting account. Purchasing is simple: you download the program from the website and install the it on your browser. After that you can already add your first article.
You determine the appearance of the site using a template. You can create a template yourself or download a template created by someone else and install it on your site.
Or opt for customization. The CMS and layout of your site (design) are made especially for you. This costs something, but then you have a system that is completely written according to your own wishes.
Do you want to start a web shop? You can get started quickly with platforms such as Magento. You can also use WooCommerce to integrate a webshop module into your existing WordPress website.
Content when setting up a site.
Are you setting up your website and writing content? Always remember: who am I writing for? Keep your target audience in mind! Make sure the content is always up to date and remove outdated information. If you have new information about a product or service, put it online immediately. Also think of seasonal news or offers, make a plan for this. Have you already served customers? Ask them to write a testimonial that you can post on the site. This can win over new customers.
Think about user-friendliness
If your website is chaotic and unclear, visitors probably won’t stay on your site for long, let alone buy something or come back some other time. Make sure the user-friendliness (also called usability) is okay. For a high user-friendliness, it is important to consider the following points:
- Ensure recognizability: let your corporate identity be reflected in the design of your website. Put your logo on every page.
- Provide a clear structure, so that visitors can navigate properly. Use a menu to indicate the topics. The most important information you want to share is on your homepage. Remaining information is neatly structured on sub pages.
- Add a search option to any page.
- Only use images and/or videos if they really have a function, not just for filling.
- Use legible columns (not too narrow, not too wide).
- Use a font that is supported by browsers by default; Arial, Helvetica and Verdana for example.
- Write briefly and concisely and consider the purpose for which you write.
- Provide contrast between the text and the background color; preferably dark letters on a light background.
- Make sure the page loads quickly. A few tips: Keep the number of images and files to download limited. Make the images you want to use as small as possible (unless it limits the quality). Divide large tables over more pages and avoid redirects.
Choosing a web hosting provider
A hosting provider offers space on the internet. This provider ensures that your website is linked to the internet and that your site remains active when you turn off your computer. You can search for a suitable hosting provider via the internet. There are various websites where you can compare providers. When comparing, note the following: your budget, required web space; depending on images and animations and the expected amount of data traffic/visitors.
The costs can vary. The biggest difference is between a dedicated server and a shared server. A dedicated server is mainly intended for large websites with many visitors. A dedicated server costs a few hundred dollars per month. A shared server offers space for several small websites and is a lot cheaper.
To generate visitors and see them again, you need to update the information on your website regularly. Make sure you always maintain the same tone when addressing your target group. Your website is your business card. So regularly ask yourself: what is my goal and do I still see it on my website? And keep an eye on your visitor numbers. Because you don’t just have to be online, you also have to be findable.
If your website is online, you must of course also ensure that your target audience will visit the site. Thousands of new sites are added to the internet every day, so it is important to be found. An important part of that is search engine optimization. Some tips:
- Relevant content. You started a company because you sell knowledge, a product or a service with which you help others or meet a need. That need often starts with a search in a search engine such as Google. To be found, you write articles or pages with specific keywords. These can also be combinations of keywords. Make sure that those keywords are in a number of places on the page: in the title, in the intro (first 200 words) and spread over the page. You can also place relevant synonyms in the article. Don’t use the words too often, because then the search engines will see it as spam.
- Use other websites. In addition to reading the codes on your site, most search engines will look for other sites on the internet that have the same topic. It counts how many of these sites have a link to your website. In other words, the more similar sites link to your site, the higher your chances of scoring more visitors. So look for related websites and make agreements about including each other’s link.
- Optimize your website. By optimizing the HTML code of your website, the website will be found easier by search engines.
Good luck and please comment if you gave any questions!